Furman Connect - Alumni & Student Online Networking Reception
Join us for another incredible Furman Connect event, Thursday, November 17: 12 – 1 p.m. EST.
Furman Connect is a series of online alumni networking events recently launched by the Alumni and Parent Engagement Office. Furman Connect events, powered by Brazen, facilitate text-based alumni-to-alumni networking and alumni-to-student mentoring. Participants can join events from anywhere using a computer, smartphone, or tablet, and no audio or video is required. Future events will focus on networking by job function, industry, region, major, as well as conversation around a variety of topics.
The Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement and the Office of Career Services will host our first collaborative event, Alumni and Student Online Networking Reception, Thursday, November 17 from 12 – 1 p.m. ET. Please join us online.
Alumni and Student Online Networking Reception
Thursday, November 17
12 – 1 p.m. EST
To learn how it works, watch this video.
What is virtual networking?
- Virtual networking is an opportunity to connect with up to six alumni in one hour from the comfort of your own computer.
- Virtual networking events are typically intended to focus on a specific topic. Topics range from industry-specific to general professional development.
- Participants are randomly paired for brief (10-minute) networking sessions.
- Participants continue to be matched throughout the hour or until they leave the event.
- Participants are not required to maintain conversation for the entirety of each session.
- All conversations are text-based.
Questions? Please contact Sarrin Warfield at email@example.com
For more information and a full list of events please visit our website.